Google+ Followers

Friday, August 26, 2016

Charlotte - A Second Opinion

As many of you know, we had to take Charlotte to the emergency hospital last Sunday morning, where she was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection.

We gave her medication, she should have been noticeable better within three days, but she wasn’t. At first, she seemed fine, but in the night of Tuesday to Wednesday she started acting agitated again. Going from one litter box to another.
Around 3:00 a.m. I wondered if I should take her to the emergency hospital again, but just then she settled down and I was able to get some sleep.

Not wanting to leave things to chance, I called our regular vet the next day and got an appointment for 10:20 a.m. That was a relief.

Unfortunately, Charlotte was not very cooperative. She took one look at the cat carrier and decided to be difficult. I tried several times to get her in the carrier, but no, she wanted nothing to do with it.

I had no choice but to call in the troops. I asked my son to come home from work and he managed to get Charlotte in the carrier.

At the vet’s office, Charlotte was thoroughly examined, the urinary tract infection was confirmed, but when I showed the medication prescribed by the emergency hospital and mentioned the dosage, the vet didn’t agree. For a cat of Charlotte’s weight (6.5 kg) (14.50 lbs) she needed not 1 tablet, but 1 ½ tablets.

Now, two days later, Charlotte is really on the mend. She takes her medication twice a day and she is much, much better.

Goes to show, a second opinion, or a follow-up visit with an animal’s regular veterinarian is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment